NEW ONENow you can listen to the articles from Fox News!
The three American tourists who were found dead earlier this month on an all-inclusive package Sandals resort in the Bahamas died from carbon monoxide poisoning, a new report says.
Pathologist is expected to release autopsy and toxicology results Monday following the May 6 deaths of Michael Phillips, 68, and Robbie Phillips, 65, of Tennessee, and Vincent Chiarella, 64, from Florida, according to the Guardian of Nassau.
The newspaper reported Monday that carbon monoxide poisoning was determined to be the cause of death.
The relationship cannot be independently verified. Sandals did not immediately respond to a Fox News Digital request Monday for comment.
Each of the victims was staying in a villa a Sandals Emerald Bay on the island of Great Exuma.
Their families reportedly last week asked investigators to allow a pathologist from abroad to perform a second autopsy.
“Toxicology reports are still pending. There have been requests from family members of the deceased to bring a pathologist from overseas to do another autopsy,” Bahamas Minister of Health and Welfare Michael told reporters. Darville, according to Eyewitness News Bahamas.
The website reports that the government will facilitate the request, as Darville wants to “get to the bottom” of the investigation.
Donnis Chiarella, 65, the sole survivor of the Sandals Bahamas incident, was discharged from Miami’s HCA Florida Kendall Hospital, a spokesperson told Fox News Digital.